Friday, October 22, 2010

New Project! Ornaments - the packaging!



So here's the thing, when I was trying to figure out the packaging for these little ornaments (for being sold away from me, in a retail environment) I did some SERIOUS THINKING. I didn't want the header cards to just read "handmade ornament," I realized that they were going to be part of something bigger, something that needed a name.

I sat with my friend Megan and brainstormed about names, for a bigger project. I explained it would start with the ornaments and then grow to include paintings, prints, hopefully other tiny built things... All reflections on and examinations of things I hold really dear but rarely make focused pieces about - home, place, exploration - just about all of my work involves depicting or celebrating the natural world but I want to take a closer look at the things I really love and run with them (hand-in-hand through a meadow probably).

Close looks at a bigger very special, very important space.

The Tiniest Acre seemed like a good fit.

This project may have its own etsy shop and its own website too. We'll see where it goes, and I'll keep you posted... by blog post and possibly tiny little letters.

Thanks for reading!
~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment