Monday, May 16, 2011

If I had an orchard I'd work 'til I'm sore...

Hello Internet!
We are facing a week of rain ahead of us. Not great for outdoor activities but great for plants!



Early on Saturday I went to the community garden plot to turn it over...




It took about 2 hours. I got rid of a lot of old kale and so many dandelions. At one end I saved the two strawberry plants and a couple kale plants. After I was finished I walked to City Feed to get myself a big chai and to get Curtis a big sandwich. They had a few types of seeds for sale so I bought a packet of peas and planted a few rows when I was on my way back home.

I've started a Garden Journal for my planty adventure this year.

Keeping a journal is something I've always wished I was better at. I'm good while on vacation. My travel journal for my trips to Ireland and Vancouver are very thorough but daily life is harder for me. I hope I can keep this up. I keep going back to the journals of This Chicken and Geninne for endless inspiration. Those ladies are PROLIFIC and so talented. I love the density of design and text - like every moment of every day has been cataloged and saved for the future.

This weekend also involved some good work with the BBB ladies, pancakes with C and Elise, starting a redesign of the ol' website and quality time with the kitties.

Also exciting! We're going to see Fleet Foxes tomorrow night! The new album is so beautiful and moving. Required listening for forest strolls and wandering in meadows. I think of them as one of my most favorite Spring Bands and I feel so lucky to see them during this damp, green, newborn season.

Lovely little video found on Vimeo:


Lyrics from Fleet Foxes' Helplessness Blues:

...If I know only one thing, it's that everything that I see
Of the world outside is so inconceivable often I barely can speak
Yeah I'm tongue-tied and dizzy and I can't keep it to myself
What good is it to sing helplessness blues, why should I wait for anyone else?

And I know, I know you will keep me on the shelf
I'll come back to you someday soon myself

If I had an orchard, I'd work till I'm raw
If I had an orchard, I'd work till I'm sore
And you would wait tables and soon run the store

Gold hair in the sunlight, my light in the dawn
If I had an orchard, I'd work till I'm sore
If I had an orchard, I'd work till I'm sore
Someday I'll be like the man on the screen...

No comments:

Post a Comment