Friday, November 4, 2011

Something Sweet!

Hello internet!

Tonight a very exciting, very special event is taking place!

Something Sweet is an art auction (with dessert buffet!) to benefit the Somerville Homeless Coalition. It is being hosted by the awesome Washington Street Art Center in Somerville.

This is the mixed media piece I donated...



And this is how I made it...

Screenprinted the houses in white on to a wood panel:


And watercolored over:




In all honesty, it was mostly an experiment. I paint over screenprints pretty regularly but usually on paper. I love how the watercolor bleeds in to the wood and calls attention to the grain.

Oh and here are the cookies I made for the event!


Something Sweet takes place TONIGHT November 4th from 6pm - 9pm at the Washington Street Art Center 321 Washington St. in Union Square, Somerville. Hope to see you there! I'll be the one with my face full of brownies, bidding on EVERYTHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment