Thursday, July 19, 2012

Recommended Listening - Other Lives


Other Lives!

I love a good wind-swept-plain-wail with strings. Throw in some harmonies and foot-stomping and I'm instantly devoted. Sometimes they sound like a folky Radiohead, sometimes the vocals remind me of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. It's so good.

We missed the chance to see these guys at Great Scott last year and since getting hooked on their last album Tamer Animals, I'm kicking myself for it. (And after I type this sentence of regret, I pop on over to their website and find that they're coming back in November! This is the second time that blog karma (or something) has lead me to find a show date I had been hoping for while composing a post about the band I was hoping to see. Amazing.)

You can see a whole set here:

No comments:

Post a Comment