Friday, August 24, 2012

You can find me at the dining table...

...painting.
That's how I do all my work. Camped out at the dining table, my rear slowly going numb in an Emeco navy chair, surrounded by cups of tea, bathed in the warm glow of serial tv dramas and trying to ignore at least one cat begging for some lap-space.

I can't stop. And I don't want to. Ever. It's hard to get other things done. Chores, sleeping, weeding, errands, work... I just want to sit and paint forever.

Nature Calendar images 4-7

These are images 5-8 for the 2013 calendar. My little friends!
All of the originals for the calendar (which are 4x6, watercolor on paper) will be available for sale at Jamaica Plain Open Studios! Along with the calendars themselves.

RoseHips - WIP

Botanical illustrations for the DreamTeam show at the Washington Street Art Center.

Breakfast Meeting

I did manage to take a little break last weekend to drop work off at Magpie in Davis Square and have a quick breakfast with Ryan who was there on the same errand.

I'm so happy that it's Friday and I have two whole days of painting ahead of me. Maybe I'll finish some of the DreamTeam pieces and the calendar critters!

xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment