Monday, January 28, 2013

Painting the Ghost Bird

I've been working on a lot of different things lately and painting has not been one of those things.

Until yesterday!

I've been teaching a class on starting a handmade craft business at a local continuing ed program, planning wedding stuff, and keeping up with Egg-A-Go-Go. I haven't had time to sit down and paint. I was starting to get crabby and antsy so I set aside Sunday morning to paint a mysterious bird and film myself doing it. Time lapse time!



The Ivory-Billed Woodpecker is/was a giant woodpecker that may or may not be extinct. A winged enigma!

ivory billed woodpecker

I feel like such a self-centered weirdo but I LOVE making and watching these videos (and I watch them over and over). I haven't made one in a while (with the high-tech overhead view) and it was great fun to do this one. I'm going to try to do one a month for the rest of 2013.

Woodpecker close-up... ivory billed woodpecker

Have a good week!

xo
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. looking forward to one of these every month! and you said wedding stuff? is it your wedding? congrats if it is!! and i love your profile pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alik! It's so satisfying to see myself paint so fast after doing it so slowly first!

      Yes! I'm engaged! Getting married in May. So exciting!

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! I love these and will look forward to more in 2013

    ReplyDelete