Thursday, February 27, 2014

Botanically Speaking

Lately, I've been drawing and painting plants - lots of plants. Specifically medicinal plants. And I couldn't be happier.

Recent Botanical Stuff

A friend from college pointed a co-worker in my direction for some watercolor illustration work recently. It's been an absolute dream working with Steph (founder/organizer of Herbstalk) to make the 2014 poster for the event as well as planning some other work for her personal business FlowerFolk Apothecary.

Recent Botanical Stuff

Another local herbalist, Jennie of Wildflower Revolution, contacted me for some banners and I'm working on those too.

Recent Botanical Stuff

If herbalists are my new client base - I AM HAPPY TO WORK. Keep it coming, folks. Let me draw every plant for you always.

My dad has always had a cabinet filled with dried leaves and medicinal tinctures for just about every ailment you could wander into his house with so working for folks in the business of healing plants means the world to me.

In other/semi-related news...

I've been taking a break from shows/fairs for a while but this year I will be vending at Herbstalk in June and Jamaica Plain Open Studios in September. My semi-new self employment status keeps me secluded a lot of the time and I miss talking to folks about my work so I'm excited for a couple of events in 2014.

All the new work I plan to show is plant-focused and I'm working on some very specific items just for the herbalists!

Recent Botanical Stuff - medicinal plant bags
[Screen printed organic cotton drawstring medicinal plant bags - debuting at Herbstalk in June]

I have spring on the brain and the promise of little sprouts and getting back into the community garden is very motivational. This New England winter has been a doozy (similar to ones I remember as a kid) and I'm ready for a break in the snow and wind departments.

Recent Botanical Stuff

That's what's going on over here!
xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment