Friday, September 10, 2010

Fangirl Friday

Oh man, I have been finding some amazing new (TO ME, who is usually late-to-the-party in the art world) artists to adore...

Just today I came across the work of Scotland-based Verity Keniger [site] [blog]...

This piece gives me goose bumps. The palette is stunning, the composition is perfect and the attention to detail is exquisite.


As you can probably tell, I'm a sucker for big cats so her lion gets me too. These little badges! So good.

I'm having a hard time finding information on Clotilde Olyff except that she has a love of letters and "is a Belgian designer and typographer who teaches at the National Visual Art School of La Cambre and Art School’75′ in Brussels."[source]

I came across this piece on 3D Typography and I'm in love. It looks to me like a collection acquired over many years, during many trips to the beach to dig through stones patiently and with great purpose. I love a good obsessive hobby!

I first came across the work of Sara Barrett (aka Bark Decor) at the last Mass Market fair at MassArt. [site] [blog]

I love her geometric, designy takes on the natural world.


Simple and sweet!

Happy weekend!
I'm going to be wearing me feet down walking 26 miles on Sunday at the Boston Marathon Jimmy Fund Walk. Maybe I'll see you there!

See you soon,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment