Thursday, October 14, 2010

New Project! Ornaments



Hello!
I've been working on a new project! Handmade clay ornaments hand-painted with watercolor and ink!



Both varieties are made with natural clay. I love the sort of chalkboard-y look that the black clay gets after it dries and I sand it.



A few might make it on to Etsy before the holiday season but I think most of these will be headed to Craftland in Providence and traveling with me to Bazaar Bizarre Boston in December and my Magpie Trunk Show later this month.

They're so much fun to make - quiet and thoughtful - and I love sitting down and focusing on one small task for a long time. I'm focusing on flora right now (with some feathers thrown in for good measure) but might expand on to other inspiration as well.

I think each will come with a length of bakers twine for hanging and a metal jump ring in case anyone would like to wear them as a pendant!

Thanks for reading!
xo,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I love them. bravo! how do you make the clay things???

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops that posted under the wrong account. testing

    ReplyDelete