Monday, August 8, 2011

Hello!
A couple of quick things...

I'm working on a new product for my upcoming fall/winter fairs.

It's a hometown-centric item that was a special request by a good friend/penpal on the other side of the country. Hopefully I will get some new screens made this week!

Twice last week I had some delicious things from the Clover food truck that parks itself down Comm Ave from my work.

Look at that beautiful breakfast! Iced tea and a giant eggy popover that kept me full all morning. I can't wait to go back. (That's Jen ordering HER popover and getting some coffee on-demand dripped for her while we waited.) Perfect morning meal.

Look at Hanni.

What a little sun god he is.

Friday night was amazing. Bon Iver at the House of Blues.

We are always in line as early as we can manage so we can rush in and get up close to quiet acts.
They played the first half of the new album straight and then broke into the older numbers - flume, blood bank, skinny love - and then back to the new stuff. It was all incredible. Wolves during the encore was full of audience participation and left us with hoarse voices. Justin Vernon's voice is a spectacle to be witnessed in person and he was supported by some amazing musicians (including a bass player wearing a Beverly Hills Cop II shirt and dripping with turquoise jewelry!?).
And I took this home...

Silk screened in Seattle! How they sell these for only $25 I will never know. Lucky us. (Please pardon my dirty toes.)

I have a lot to do in the coming month and need to get some lists started. My motivation/unmotivation is all over the place and I need to focus. Projects! So many projects!

xo, S

No comments:

Post a Comment