Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recommended Listening *Special Edition* - Daytrotter

Am I late to the party?
Has everyone been keeping this a secret from me?

As if I need another place to listen to music... Today while listening to LastFM, a band I'd never heard (Matthew and the Atlas) came up so I went off googling and found a session they did for this site called Daytrotter.



Holy cow. Best discovery of the week.
Hours of sessions. An incredible selection of bands. And it looks like they are all downloadable!? Who are these magical generous music loving folks out in Illinois? (Just realized I didn't know how to spell Illinois.)

From the "about" page: "These fine people – as they’re traveling through America’s heartland – take two hours out of their travels between shows to stop in for a Daytrotter Session at The Horseshack in downtown Rock Island, Ill."

What an amazing project.

If you want to give it a shot I recommend digging through the stacks and/or trying these songs...

- Everyone is Golden by Portugal. the Man
- Starving Robins by Horse Feathers (or the entire 2010 session)
- The new-to-me band I mentioned above, Matthew and the Atlas

I'm also a fan of Johnnie Cluney's portraits of all of the musicians.

MUSIC! Happy listening!
xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment