Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas is coming.

In the past few years, my teen through adult-ish years, I haven't been HUGE into Christmas. I think it comes from the overwhelming consumerism push that comes along with it and the fact that growing up we had lots of different families to visit in a couple of short days. It just seems like a big hurried stressful time that people seem to cherish for the wrong reasons.



Don't get me wrong, I have always loved parts of it (giving gifts, the lights, the food, wrapping presents, general goodwill) and the cozy quiet moments that happen during the season.

But I'm trying to love Christmas more. It's hard to see everyone and it's hard to not feel crazy now and then but I'm trying.



This year we are having a very green and brown Christmas. No snow on the ground or in the forecast. I always want a white Christmas for my mom. But she seems to be out of luck this year so I'll just bring her an avalanche of presents.



We are off to New Hampshire for a couple of days then back to Boston on Christmas Day to see C's family. Egg-A-Go-Go is closed for the rest of the year (well, the shop is open but nothing's shipping until 2012).

I think I'll make a classic Happy New Year Resolution post. Not right now though.
xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment