Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Topsy Turvy

Hello Internet!

Me and the animal

Remember how I've been blathering on and on about how crazy September will be/is? Art shows, charity walks, prepping for open studios? Well it got a lot crazier on Friday. After over six years at my day job I was laid off. It's a mixed bag of feelings but one truth is that I've got plenty of time for getting ready for JPOS!

And that's exactly what I've been doing.

Art / WIP

I've been painting and prepping all day every day and last night Megan came over to help me price some work. This is my first year at the event so I don't know what to expect. I'm hoping to sit with my stuff, paint, and talk to folks. If things sell - great! I know it will be a very different experience than the Bazaar Bizarre or other fairs and I can't wait to see how it goes!

Art / WIP

Art / WIP

I have no idea if I'll get everything done in time but my fingers are crossed...all of them. Once JPOS is over I'll have time to fully grasp the whole unemployed thing. Right now I feel like I still have work to do - and I do, and always will. Irons in many fires and what not.
And I'm definitely not complaining about my now daily walk around Jamaica Pond!

Jamaica Pond

I'm hoping that getting laid off is the beginning of a story that ends with "...so losing my job was the best thing that ever happened to me!"
We will see...

1 comment:

  1. oh lady, i'm really sorry to hear about this. but my fingers are crossed for you and i have faith in you and your talents that some day VERY soon you will be saying this was the best thing that could happen to you.

    love ya,
    xo
    trisha

    ReplyDelete