Monday, July 29, 2013

More Illustrated Travel Writing - online edition!

In my various searches for travelogues, I've recently come across these online sources of inspiration and travel stories...

Regina F. Silva's Wedgienet...
Wedgienet: Japan illustrated travel journal
This woman keeps little sketchbooks of beautiful drawings in both a realistic style and as cartoony icons. There haven't been any posts tagged with travel since the end of last year but the older ones are great!


Katie Turner's My Week in Bologna...
MWIB_1
I love the color palette and sketchy almost frantic style that this journal is drawn/written in! If you like Italy and/or traveling to go to art fairs, this one is for you.

Alissa Duke's amazing Travelogue
Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 11.55.01 AM
Paris! In great detail! You can see all of Alissa's 2007 trip to Paris in this Flickr set. I love her classic sketch-y on-site drawing style.

Lucy Knisley's Tanzania Travelogue
Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 11.56.41 AM
This is a paid download type of deal. For $8 it's a steal. Lucy's work never disappoints and this little book is full of beautiful illustrations about her trip to Africa.

SIDE NOTE: I just realized these are all by ladies! I don't TRY to seek out travelogues by women specifically but thinking about it, most of the things I've linked and archived are by female travelers. Interesting.

And lastly, during my scrolling through Pinterest, I've been collecting images from travel journals and techniques and location-inspired sketches. You can see them here.
Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 11.49.41 AM

Happy traveling (in the comfort of your own home)!
xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment