Wednesday, March 27, 2013

sharing art with others...

Eliot School workshop

Showing other people how to do things is so much fun! I don't think that I could ever be a full-time teacher (it's not easy work AT ALL and I have so much respect for those who do it everyday) but I've been really enjoying my time sharing my art-related knowledge with others!

This past weekend was a two-day workshop at Eliot School (an AMAZING school for arts and crafts in my very own neighborhood!) and it went so well! I had seven adult students and they all had success making screens with the designs they brought in to the workshop. We printed on paper and fabric and silk and wood - it was messy and great fun. Best news yet - I'm going to teach it again in the fall!

Good morning Eliot School.

Not only is it an amazing institution, it is also a beautiful, inspiring SPACE.

Walking in, first thing on Saturday and Sunday mornings, I was greeted with perfect light, paint spattered tables and floor and an overwhelming desire to be creative and get some stuff done. I wish I could live there.

Eliot School workshop

It feels so good to be a part of this place. I can't wait to get back!

xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment